Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A recipe for success and pain.

Recipe for success:

image

       +

image

      =

Lookout Hill 012
Yay! New running shoes (mine are 3 years old…)
I opted for the Zoot Energy since I run sockless and don’t have complicated shoe needs for my feet. I’ll let you know how they feel when I have my first run in them (which won’t happen until AFTER the Drake Half on Saturday).

 

A recipe for pain:

Lookout Hill 003

          +

Lookout Hill 004

                   x

(5 bike repeats, 3 run repeats)

                  =

image

Following a tip from my boss, I was finally able to find a good hill for repeats. Meet the Lookout Hill. It’s certainly not the biggest hill ever, but it is perfect for repeats as it only takes a minute…or two to bike or run up it and it’s steep enough to get a good workout in. So today I biked over to it, and did 5 bike repeats, the only rest was biking down the hill and 3 run repeats. I’m going back for more on Thursday and will hopefully bang out 5 and 5. My goal is to get over to the hill once a week and will vary the workout by reps and time.

Now the Better Half and I are heading out for another bike ride! Beautiful weather is awesome!!

3 comments:

  1. Pain is the nice word for hills, I can think of many many more approitate words for hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, those are some fast looking kicks you got there! me likey! I like the hell, oops I mean hill workout you created. looks challenging but fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete