The last two days have been BEAUTIFUL, sunny, warm, and unfortunately ‘breezy’ (which in the Cedar Valley means ridiculously windy). So I played hooky from work and research and hit the road…jack.
Yesterday morning I took Frankie the Felt out on a 23 mile ride, which started awesome and ended painfully. I hit strong headwind on the way back into town which was painfully enough, but then my lower back started to really hurt, which sucked some more. I’m not really sure what lead to the lower back pain, but I’m going to play around with the adjustment of the seat to see if that helps.
Yesterday evening I had my first Master’s practice, there was a whopping 2 of us there. It was good to get back in the pool. I need to really get my head back in that game. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough to go open water swimming!!
Biking + Swimming = Double Training Day…score one for Maria!
This morning I did a core and arm strength workout before heading off to work. Then, since I have awesome bosses, I was able to leave early to head out for a bike ride, which was unfortunately short…I got really pissed off at cars.
Then I skipped Master’s since I needed to change a car headlight before it got dark.
Short Bike + No Masters = Short Training Day…negative one for Maria.
Yesterday + Today = Zero.
Lately, I’ve been so tired from school and work that I’ve had a hard time getting my head in the game for training. When I think about the races I have coming up, I get excited. When I think about training, I get excited. But when it’s time to put the shoes on, all my energy just goes kaput. April is a busy month with traveling for work and heading to DSM for the half marathon as well as hitting up my undergrad college for a weekend. Hopefully May will be better. Either way, I need to sit down and re-evaluate my training plan because I’m starting to fail…miserably.
Oh the flip side, I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered a RoadID. It should be here sometime next week, and it will make the Better Half feel so much better when I ride by myself.
Also, I’m putting some serious thought into ordering Infinit to work with for nutrition. I would LOVE to go to a complete fluid nutrition system for training and racing. If anyone has any tips or comments about using Infinit, I would greatly appreciate them! I’ve been reading about it and messing with combinations. Below is one that I think would work:
I need to mess with this sooner rather than later so I’ll have it figured out for the big race in July. But I have one question that I can’t figure out: how far does a container of 25 servings go? 2 scoops equals 1 serving, correct? But how many liquid ounces does make?
Anyway, more work traveling tomorrow before getting to see awesome friends at Loras on Friday!
What’s new with you?
Lower back pain can mean a stretched out position. Have you been in for a pro fitting yet?
ReplyDelete2 people at masters???? Wow
ReplyDeleteThanks, i have a giftcard for Infinit and I forgot i had it.
I used Infinit for 1/2-full IM training and racing last year. It worked really well...I went with the standard long distance formula (fruit punch and the lemon-lime one) and dialed back the flavor a bit since I would be concentrating the bottles and I didn't want it to be too strong. Then I mixed up 3-4 hour bottles (300 calories per hour) to use on the bike. I measured out the volume of my water bottles and then used a permanent marker to mark lines on the bottles for 15-minute segments of calories so I would just drink every 15 minutes and chase with water for hydration. The trick to concentrating is to put ALL the powder in the bottle first, then slowly add water, mix, add more water, mix, etc.
ReplyDelete