Friday
Workouts: Hill repeats on a treadmill, random weights.
After working out, Britney and I headed to my old stomping grounds in Dubuque. Loras College was having their Dance Marathon (an all night event that raises money for the Children’s Hospital in Iowa City), an organization that I was a part of in college. So we stayed with friends and checked out the AWESOME event. LCDM raised $106,000 this year and found out that we are the biggest dance marathon in the nation when measured by fundraising per capita (aka per student). Take that you Big Ten universities!!
Here are a few pictures from the night:
I couldn’t be more proud of the way it grew from 5 years ago!
Saturday
Workouts: Hill repeats on treadmill (went much better the second time). 10 mile bike ride.
We came back from Loras early Saturday morning and I ran while Britney had band obligations.
After she came back she ran and I followed her on the bike (she did awesome 4 mile run for her upcoming 8K):
(Trying to mimic her pictures from last week)
She ended up doing a reverse brick because right after her run, we went for a leisurely 10 mile bike ride during which I messed with my handlebars.
(Notice the beautiful landscape behind me!)
We followed up our bike ride with pizza and beers (for BB) at Old Chicago. Britney is currently doing the World Beer Tour and has decided that she will treat herself to a beer for every X miles she runs/bikes (I don’t know what X stands for, she didn’t specify).
(I think she ended up having 3-4 beers, so 1 beer for every 3-4 miles traveled either biking or running (14 miles was her total for the day))
(Her half was mushroom, mine was sausage.)
Oh and my RoadID came! Here I am rocking it on the bike:
Sunday
Workout: 5.5 mile run in 55:xx.
After working at the breakfast grill, I went for a 5.5 mile run with Britney’s assistance. (We’re really getting good at this biking along while the other is running thing) The trails were near us, so I just took those in an out and back sorta way. Here are some pictures of the actually-quite-painful run.
Nature Girl aka BB, was quick to spot a deer along the route.
Screw this, I’m gonna hitch a ride back!! (Actually, it was a bathroom break!)
Well, this run was deemed unsuccessful, but at least it’s done.
On the upside, Britney took a video of me running so I can see my form, it was interesting and I definitely have a lot to work on regarding my form.
Anywho, next up: Drake Relays!
Peace Out Folks!
Did you buy the Cheeze It Jersey yet? You should have gotten an orange RoadID to match the jersey. I love your ID! Nice! Reminds me that I need to order one for the hubs asap. I love all of your pics. Can't believe you all were able to snap a pic of the deer. That was cool!
ReplyDeleteWhat was the Big 10 reference about?
ReplyDeleteLove the pics!!
You two are majorly busy!!! Great job on a big weekend!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a vey solid block of training.
ReplyDeleteAs for the running video - I occasionally do the same, very useful!