Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sherpa Love!

You all know that I have the best full time Sherpa in the world (even if I have to Sherpa the Sherpa in preparation of the race), but at Racine, I had three of them! My sister, Emily, and Britney’s sister, Kelsey came along for the ride. Although the plan was originally for them to shop while I was swimming and biking, they decided to stick around for the WHOLE race. So I thought they deserve their own post of pictures of their version of the race!

Ironman_Racine_2010 217
The girls (Emily and Kelsey), chilling before the race.

Ironman_Racine_2010 257 Ironman_Racine_2010 504
Pre-race and post race hug with Pita

A now for what they did during the race (aka lots of jumping, drawing in the sand, and drying off from the 45 second downpour of rain).

Ironman_Racine_2010 342 Ironman_Racine_2010 343

Ironman_Racine_2010 356 Ironman_Racine_2010 358

Ironman_Racine_2010 381 Ironman_Racine_2010 414

Ironman_Racine_2010 418 Ironman_Racine_2010 428

Ironman_Racine_2010 425 Ironman_Racine_2010 427

I love this next sequence of pictures (and these are only half):

 Ironman_Racine_2010 442 Ironman_Racine_2010 451

Ironman_Racine_2010 452 Ironman_Racine_2010 455

Ironman_Racine_2010 461 Ironman_Racine_2010 462

Ironman_Racine_2010 468

Can you figure out what that is?

What can I say, I have awesome Sherpas.

 

In other news, I’m recovery well, I was only sore Monday and Tuesday and even then it wasn’t too bad since I didn’t push myself on the run. I’m hoping to start working out again tomorrow, but Britney and I are currently moving out of our apartment (we’re out by Sunday) so life is a little busy right now.

I promise I’ll make time this weekend or early next weekend to revamp my blog since the title has come and gone. I should also have more pictures up from my trip to Milwaukee with the girls.

Until then, take it easy and good luck to those racing and volunteering this weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! And NorthBeach isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! haha
    what a crew
    Love the "Matrix" shot

    glad you are recovering good!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  3. M Dot! Awesome pictures!

    Glad the recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sherpas are hilarious!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you have a post just for your sherpas!!!

    Stop by for your Pukie, I apologize its late, but its there now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria! Shoot me an email to campbell(dot)jon(at)gmail(dot)com

    I have a Q for you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your sherpas!! I am jealous! Those pictures of them jumping are hilarious!

    Damn. I wish you were going to grad school in Maine so we could train together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment on my blog

    Thought of you on my run in my 70.3 last weekend
    thought if she can do it I can do it!!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete