Ok, I'll stop building this up so dramatically, we all know Ironmans are slow moving endurance events and only NBC with the help of 25 cameras and 17 heartbreaking stories can make these events exciting for anyone to watch. But still, my first HIM is tomorrow morning and I sit in my cousin's beautiful home (Thanks Mel!) wondering what tomorrow will bring.
So far several thoughts have crossed my head and I won't bore you with them, but surprisingly, I've been very calm when thinking about the race and the distance. I've been visualizing the race all this week and working through any possible problem areas ahead of time. Now, I realize that actual race will be different and subject to several different variables that were not present in my head, like the weather (just checked it, and its supposed to be t-storms!), but I WILL REMAIN CALM.
Mantras for the day tomorrow:
Swim: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim, swim.
Bike: Relax, don't do it, when you want to go to it. Relax, don't do it...
One bottle per hour...One bottle per hour...
Run: Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
So, that's the plan, let's put this baby into action! (and please let there be good weather, I have yet to race in good conditions this year for a triathlon!)
See you back on Monday and thanks for all your support!
Good luck! You'll do great!!!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I know you will do great. It's an endurance event, not a sprint, so just pace yourself and you'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow!!! You are gonna do great! Looking forward to the race report.
ReplyDeleteHave a great race tomorrow Maria. I'll be thinking about you out there and send good race vibes your way. Keep up the mantra's...they work!
ReplyDeleteWOO HOO!!!! Best of luck tomorrow, Maria!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I will be there. #1691. Great stuff to remember for sure, but don't forget to have fun and enjoy the day. Relax is a good song. If you get sick of that earworm, my personal favorite is Rob Zombie's Never Gonna Stop Me!
ReplyDeleteSo a mollusk and a sea cucumber walk into a bar... I guess I'm not very funny for a clown finish. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow and "Just keep swimming!" (and biking and running)!!
What's your bib #?
just checked in and great swim time!! 39:50! Hitting your goals already :) So proud! go #811!!!
ReplyDeleteGO Maria GO!! I am rooting for you!! AND stalking you!
ReplyDelete