I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve posted…although I know it hasn’t. It has been a while but at least I’ve been keeping up on my reading. I promise I’ve had good excuses:
1) I moved out of my apartment with Britney and back into my parents house (just until Aug. 8th, then I start my trek down south). Moving out is not easy…especially when there is a lot of clothes (BB’s), weights (mine), cooking stuff (BB’s) and training gear (mine).
2) Said moving was not a single day activity and with my last day at work mixing with moving dates, last week was really quite busy, so I took it off from training (I could spare a week, my next race isn't until Nov.).
3) After the move I am currently located at my parents house, approximately 100 miles away from my better half. As much as that sucks, it’s just a warm up for the next XX years when I’m in Texas and she’s still in Iowa. (P.S. this is not the first time we’ve done the long distance thing, so I promise complaining about missing here will be minimal on the blog, but it may pop up here and there so bear with me)
4) As soon as I got home, Grammy Camp started. What is Grammy Camp? Well a family friend has 5 of her grandkids from the Twin Cities area come stay with her in Iowa City. My sister and I are ‘counselors’ and we hang out with the kids all week long. Monday we went to the park and tie dyed shirts. Tuesday we went the pool, made pizzas and cookies and made forts. Today we went to a movie, made an even bigger fort, and are hanging out on a farm (please keep your farm/Iowa jokes to yourself). Tomorrow: ice skating and finally on Friday we head up to the Cities for the weekend. Yea, a lot to do in one week with 5 kids!
But anyway, on the training front, I’ve started running again. The runs are not long and they are not fast, but in 95*+ humidity weather the goal at this point is simple: heat accumulation. I need to train for Texas to train IN Texas and that starts now. I’m hoping to break out the bike in the next few days as well. Training with my coach starts in September and I need to still be in shape!
Ok, so there is my quick update note. I promise as soon as I get a chance I will update my blog layout..I promise!
Until then, good luck to those racing and congratulations to those who signed up for IMPL!
Kids count as training
ReplyDeleteNice work on the forts!!!
- I am a little confused, but I will keep my question to myself
ReplyDelete- Grammy camp sounds like a blast.
SOOO 2 IM's in your future??? Is that what I am seeing??
ReplyDeleteI want to go to Grammy Camp.
Moving is tough, that is for sure, and I love your new blog layout, especially the picture!