Sunday, August 29, 2010

Texas Ride Take 2

Simply put: Much better.

I’ll keep this brief.

This morning was take 2 of yesterday’s first Texas ride. I went to the same place (although I parked in the post office lot since they are closed on Sunday) and headed out.

I got past the flat tire area and was relieved about it.

Until I reached the ‘cobble stones of Texas’. Although they aren’t actual cobble stones, the entire road for the next 17 miles was ‘paved’ like this:

image

Yea, it look small but do you know what it’s like biking on stuff like that? I don’t wear biking gloves (just have never been a fan of them) so do you know what it’s like for my hands?

Better yet, do you know what it’s like for my lady parts??

Ow. I definitely missed my mountain bike. You could ride over tennis balls with that thing and not feel anything.

Overall it was good, albeit painful 20 mile ride.

I’ll be back with Texas Tuesday in a few days!

Peace Out!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like chipseal to me? We have a lot of roads like that - it's cheaper to pave the more rural roads that way. And yes, it can get really nasty bumpy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, evil chipseal. I wrote about it in one of my blog posts. It is the bane of my existence and now TxDOT, in all its infinite wisdom, has decided to use it in some of the major biking areas around here.

    Sadly, I need to get used to it because a good part of my LIVESTRONG Austin ride is chipseal. Guess I'll get to find out how much my carbon forks and seatpost will do for me! I'm predicting not much...

    Glad to see you got a good ride in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I HATE that stuff! Your hands get the worst of it. Double tape your bars or wear thicker gloves.....or find a better route. BUmmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, we have those roads out here too, a great pair of shorts, not tri shorts, real good bike shorts and gloves will "help"

    ReplyDelete
  5. No good!
    need new route....or mtn bike

    ReplyDelete