Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Thoughts (Yes, I do have them once in a while!)

Ok, I feel really bad because I haven’t posted a triathlon-related post for a while and I have fallen a little behind in reading your blogs. I promise I’m still here and am working to catch up. I don’t have enough thoughts to formulate a formal post so I’m going to use my favorite format: bullet points. Ready? Go!

  • So far things are going well working with my coach. I don’t see any new results, but it’s only been 3 weeks and it’s at the end of my season.
  • Not to mention, I’m not really looking to get any faster right now. I’m sure I probably could, but I would rather save the speed workouts for the sprint and oly distances. My body isn’t meant to go fast for long periods of time!
  • I’ve found myself looking forward to the off season. I’ll only have raced in 4 triathlons but it’s been a difficult season mentally.
  • I think having a coach will be key in next season’s success.
  • I’ve been thinking a lot about the next season and a half…basically my Redman/IM TX plan. It’s not gonna be easy (hello, newsflash!).
  • But I still want it.
  • Redman will be easier than IM TX because I’ll be training for that from March to September which means the bulk will happen during the summer when I don’t have class.
  • IM TX is in late May and unless they change the date drastically, I will have to train November to May, which means smack dap in the middle of the school year…ugh.
  • So here’s the plan for the two: Redman – Train train for it and aim for a good pace. Don’t just finish, finish well. IM TX – Train for and hope to finish under 17 hours.
  • That is not me giving up, I just know training will be much more difficult during the school year.
  • In addition, training in Huntsville is not fun so I know for IM TX I’ll be spending lots of time on my trainer (I am looking to upgrade) and a dreadmill…if anyone wants to join me for this suck fest, reservations are now being taken.
  • I’m already looking forward to the rest of the 2012 season when I go back down to the shorter distances and will be able to have a better social life.
  • Cool thing about my new boss at SHSU, she’s an avid cyclist so she said she’d join me for my Sunday morning brick rides (although she said she wouldn’t run).
  • The lack of sidewalks in Huntsville suck. (Ok, KJ, I promise, no more bashing on Texas…for a while)
  • One last confession: I missed my first workout. AND get this, I actually felt bad about it! Guess it means the coach thing is working!

Alright, back to the books, if anyone wants to write my book review essay on “Theorizing Criminal Justice: Eight Essential Orientations”, I think there would be a free cookie in it for ya! (What, I’m a poor graduate student!)

4 comments:

  1. A cookie? I'm thinking at least a month supply of stonecold creamery gift certificates! Get cracking on that paper. I like your race plans and a coach to keep you in line!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the riding buddy I doubt you would want my essay effort...my school skillz r long gone...i assume!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the coach is going to be key! Tough to fit in workouts around a busy school schedule! Love your plans and back up plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out for those bikers, especially on brick days, they know they arnt running and will ride your legs into the ground.

    ReplyDelete