Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Texas Tueweday Vol. 8: Social Life

(Yes, I’m slowly developing one).

On Saturday I kicked it royally with some new friends. We hit Lake Conroe with a boat, an inner tube, 7 awesome people, and no triathlon training (although I did make up the workouts for that day).

Tubing1
Not everyone gave tubing a go, but you know I wasn’t going to pass that up! (Even if I hadn’t done it in almost 10 years!)

tubing2
I had some good runs, but I paid dearly for it the next day…that is a different type of strength training for sure!

I had such a great time, I’m meeting some awesome people down here. And one is even from Texas (not to self not all Texans are idiots…KJ is another exception to this rule!)!

Then on Monday, a friend and I made a rainbow cake…for the sake of NOT doing homework at 6:00pm (although we were productive during the baking process). Check it out:

image
The stuff at the start.

image
Prepping the pans.

image
Dividing up the batter.

image
The colored batter.

image image
The colorful cakes…

…and then we didn't get a final picture but this is somewhat what it looked like afterward:

rainbow cake 1

Pretty cool, huh?!

So anyway, my social life is slowly developing, its not all books and training…thank goodness!

Well, back to the grind…as always!

8 comments:

  1. That is an awesome cake! My wife would love it. Do you just divide up the batter and use food coloring to make the different colors? How do you keep the colors from blending together while it bakes?

    I'm jealous that you got to go tubing! I haven't been for 10 years or so myself. I love tubing and water skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id say that counts as strength trainin on the tube? Awesome cake!
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You legitimately made a rainbow cake. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tubing is fun

    That is the COOLEST cake ever, is it as easy as the pics make it out to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tubing is awesome, but that cake is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!! So you just kept dumping the batter in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cake!

    Doesn't tubing make your abs feel like an 18 wheeler did intervals across your abs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww thanks for not lumping me in with the rest of the idiot Texans! I admit we do have our fair share of the world's idiot population...

    Although...slicing part of my finger off wasn't the most intelligent thing I've ever done. Maybe you should rethink your opinion?

    Cool cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow impressive! Obviously not your apartment since there are more dishes and utensils in these photos than you have in your cupboards! Martha Stewart would be proud!

    ReplyDelete