I just got home from theory class and had a package waiting for me. It was my first care package from home!
Three things were packed in a large box of packing peanuts:
The bread in the bag at the top right was my mom’s homemade bread and the green thing was raspberry jam from the local farmer’s market. Unwrapped, those beauteous things looked like this:
(Sorry, white plate on a white counter)
The grey bag thing was mail that had been sent to my parents house in between moving from Cedar Falls and Huntsville. The highlights were definitely this bunch of sweet looking things:
Yup. That is all three triathlon magazines, which is amazing because I only subscribe to one now (the other two are almost at the end of their subscription). Also included is the Lady Anti Monkey Butt Powder that I won from KC a few weeks ago. I can’t wait to try it out. I’ll be sure to let you know how that goes!
So…something happened on Monday and I’ve debated about posting about it for several reasons, mainly because it’s not about me and I don’t really want to draw further attention to it. But after going back and forth I’ve decided that I consider you all friends and if you were around in person, I would have told you. Maybe I should preface this by saying that it’s really not serious serious, and that no one died, it was just rather scary.
My brother was driving his moped Monday morning and was crossing an intersection when he was hit by a Ford F-150. Before you freak, he is miraculously fine, I say miraculously because this was the accident:
(there are versions of this with slow-mo and instant replay if you want to see it over and over, and if you do watch it in slow-mo, check out his flying flip flop!)
As you can see, Josh was able to get up afterward. He was treated and released the same day and is feeling fine. He is already back to working out with the team.
He won’t be playing in the season opener this weekend, but I think he has cemented his badass status without even having to step on the field.
I also want to stress that it truly was an accident. The guy that hit him wasn’t speeding, drunk, running a red light or trying to cut him off. He wasn’t an ass and wasn’t trying to escape the blame. He was just as shaken up and I hope he’ll be able to recover from this in his own way. Accidents do happen, not everyone is a bully-type driver.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you guys. I don’t know anyone around here that I could really share that with, without provoking sympathy or anything. I promise everyone (Josh, my mom, his girlfriend, etc) are all doing fine.
Plus, let’s be honest, that video is C-R-A-Z-Y.
On that note, I’m back to more reading and enjoying my homemade bread and jam!
Please train safe, I would hate for any one of you or your friends or family to be in a situation like this be it in a car, on a moped, motorcycle or bicycle.

Holy CRAP! Your brother is badass all the way. He just gets up and shakes it off. Glad he is ok!
ReplyDeleteThat is insane! I'm so glad it wasn't more serious!
ReplyDeleteHoly shit! I am so glad to hear that everyone is OK. Still, that must be scary to watch.
ReplyDeleteHoly #$%@!!! I'm glad he is OK. I bet he has lots of cred on the football team now. I'd be afraid to be on the opposite of him in a football game!
ReplyDeleteI'd give him a 9.5 on the dismount. He didn't stick it.
ReplyDelete(Just a bit of Texas humor for you! I'm really glad he's okay!)
totally Crazy! and on tape! wow...so glad he is okay
ReplyDeleteHoly crap.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy he is OK. But how the hell is he OK? What the hell is he made out of, Nerf? Wow. Scary stuff!
Okay, I'll say something that's not about your brother. I can't believe you don't have your new, correctly school colored M&M in any of your care package photos!!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete