That's right, I've had a 5 day weekend, followed by a 3 day week this week! Can't say I don't mind that schedule!
My only class on Friday got canceled so I spent class time working out. I ran 3 miles (its hard to do longer on a 200m indoor track) and lifted weights. It was a decent workout, considering I had not run in quite a while.
Saturday my family and I left for the Twin Cities to visit some family friends and Sunday we hit the slopes at Afton Alps. It was quite the day. After a few runs down the Bunny Hill, I dusted off my skills and hit some of the bigger runs. I did a couple of black diamonds but mostly stayed in the mid-range runs. Ever since I've started triathlons I'm much more aware of what I'm putting my body through. I've already dropped $400 on race fees, I don't want to break a leg and see my season go to waste. I had a ton of fun though, skiing with kids is the greatest, they can be quite the speed demons. A word to you snowboarders out there...I really don't care that you're on the same slopes, I'm all for skiing and snowboarding integration, but I've had enough of your punk-ass attitudes and cutting in lines. Next time I'm gonna have to deliver a little whoop ass via my skiing pole...ya dig?
Monday we headed home and I hit the books for lost time, this thesis isn't going to write itself, as much as I have tried.
Today I woke up early and started again on the homework. I had breakfast and got ready to hit the lanes when I suddenly felt sick, almost like morning sickness (no I'm not pregnant, that would be a medical miracle!). I sat down and had more to eat before deciding that I felt fine and headed to the pool. Halfway through my workout I completely bonked!! I didn't know you could even bonk during swimming! It was like all the suddenly my arms didn't want to lift up anymore. My legs seemed to be fine, but unfortunately that didn't help the swimming part. I'm sure the bonk was just as much mental as it was physical, but I was able to salvage some of the work out and ended up doing 1500 yards. Not much, but its still better than nothing.
Hope you had a great weekend and happy training!
No comments:
Post a Comment