Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I hate Iowa, but I love the water!

Let me tell you how depressed I am right now. I am 12-15" of snow on the ground depressed.

I just got my new Speedplay pedals put on my road bike and all I want to do is ride. The problem is I don't have a trainer, and it is -15 degrees outside right now. So I've settled for clipping in and sitting on the bike while leaning against the couch to watch TV.

It doesn't look like there is any hope in the future for me either, here is this week's forecast:

I should mention that those temps don't include the Wind Chill Index. Maybe I'll get out on Tuesday with that spring like 30 degrees! In the mean time, here is the radar for tonight:

That blue stuff means the white stuff is coming. And that's just the beginning of it. We're supposed to get 5 more inches tonight.

On the bright side, I made it to the pool today! I got a good 1900 yards in, not bad considering I haven't been in the pool for a while. The set was a mix of mid-distances and sprints and I felt pretty good by the end. I love being in the pool, it's where I belong for sure! I just found an awesome training plan that I'm going to follow randomly while before I really have to start training. I'm biking Thursday for sure and I'm going to fit a run in sometime this week.

Well I should get back to work, sitting in my freezing apartment. Man, it sucks to be a poor college kid in the winter. Gotta keep the heat low to keep the bill down.

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment