Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to the Grind...

Today is my last day of 'vacation'. I took two weeks off and didn't work out at all while I was at home for the Holidays. No running, no swimming, no biking, and no weights. It was kinda nice!

But tomorrow it is back to the grind, back to the pavement and back to the pool. I'm excited though. I'm going to continue to work on my base training and work on upping my running mileage. I'm not really looking forward to it. You see, my relationship with running is a love-hate relationship, except that the instead of love it is hate and instead of hate it is more hate. So, basically I have a hate-more hate relationship with running.

I am excited to start training for the Olympic distances. I got bike shoes and pedals for Christmas and am SUPER excited to use those in the spring. I've been walking about the house wearing the shoes, which drives my sister nuts, but it makes me feel like a real cyclist, even if I still have my PJs on. I still need a new swimming suit though, my drag suit is fine but the first layer suit is starting to become drag material.

I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow after my first workout. My training plans dont start until Feburary so if anyone has suggestions of fun workouts until then, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment