Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome to Resolution City, Population: 1

Happy New Year everyone, I hope everyone enjoyed their night!

Also, check out those Iowa Hawkeyes at the Outback Bowl, 31-10, baby!!

Ok, to the important stuff, the resolutions. My thought is if I write them down and show them to the, maybe 2 people who will read this, I'll work harder to actually complete them.

#1: Short-Term: Find an Olympic training plan by next week and stick with it through the season.

#2: Successfully finish an Olympic distance triathlon. Like I said before, I'm not a runner and that will be my biggest challenge.
#2b: Finish an Olympic distance in under four hours----this is the projected breakdown: Swim: Under 30 min Bike: 1:30-1:45 Run: the rest of the time! (Hopefully around an hour).

#3: Have work, any work, published - doesn't matter if I'm first author, second author or just wrote a chapter. Don't worry, I won't make you read it!

#4: Keep this blog thing updated regularly.

#5: Pick a Half-Ironman training plan by the end of the season, 'cause the #1 resolution/goal of 2010 is to finish one of them!

I suppose I could think of other ones about making me more of a better person, ya know, work on being nice and more flexible and all that jazz, but I'm not a miracle worker! So this is it for now. Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment