I have some sweet news! Well, it may not be sweet to you, but it is to me. First, I joined the swim club here at school! So now I have to swim at least 3 times a week! That should really get me back into shape! Last night was my first practice and the club has three fitness levels to choose from. I chose the intermediate which totaled 2000 yards in an hour workout. I felt pretty good afterward. This will give me a chance to meet people on campus while getting a guaranteed workout.
Second, I was checking my email last night and got a promotional email from Bicycling magazine, a year's subscription for just a dollar a month, that's right, I'll be getting 11 issues for just $11! That's how I got my Runner's World subscription last year. So now, at least for a few months, I get to look forward to mail for three things, my Triathlete magazine, my Runner's World, and now Bicycling!
Third, I went on a shopping spree on Saturday at Half.com and spent a whole $20 for three Triathlon books! I can't remember exactly what I got, but I got one about Ironman, one about training for women and one complete training book. I'm pretty excited because these books will give me an excuse to read something other than textbooks at night...don't even get me started about school work, it will just ruin my mood, suffice to say that if I become a professor, I won't make my students read 5 bazillion pages a week.
Anyway, now that I'm practicing and running more, I'm sure I'll have more updates for ya!
Hope you're staying warm and enjoying training!
I heard that the swim club has swim meets too! that could be exciting :)
ReplyDelete-BB