Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back to the Flatlands

Well my trip to Colorado has ended and I'm back in Iowa waiting for classes to resume again. The rest of the trip went well, got to go on an unofficial visit to University of Colorado at Boulder for a doctorate program, which went well. That city is really appealing from a triathlete point of view but I have to keep my education in mind when making that decision, I still have some time though.

I went running a few more times although it was difficult because of the air, or maybe because I'm not good at running. I went running again today and really need to work on building up my base. My running mantra is definitely "slow and steady". My first 5K of the season is Saturday and I don't want to start out too strong only to finish by walking.

I did some shopping while I was in CO that I was quite proud of...I bought a tent for my better half that was on sale (she's a big camper)...and I got a bike trainer!! The trainer was also on sale. It's nothing fancy and it's gotten mixed reviews online but I didn't want to spend too much on my first trainer (aka I'm a broke college student). I'm excited to try it out, but I am gonna wait until it rains to use it. I will definitely prefer to ride outside rather than inside. I'll post pictures as soon as I get it set up and rolling!

Happy T-Raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment