Sunday, March 15, 2009

You are now 4800 feet above sea level.

Spring break is finally here and early saturday morning my family and I headed out west to Colorado. The car ride was nothing exciting, you would know if you have ever driven through Nebraska before...there is nothing there except this random bridge/museum thing that crosses over I-80. 

We got to our destination, Windsor, CO in about 12 hours. Because of the time change and day light savings time it was still light out so I went for a 3 mile run. I haven't been keeping up on my workouts this past week because I've been making final changes for my thesis which is going to be reviewed next month. The run went well considering 1) I still hate running 2) I hadn't run for a few weeks and 3) I had just been sitting in a van for 12 hours. 

It is beautiful weather out here, 65 and sunny all week so I'm going to make up for lost miles by running every day (don't expect long runs though!). I brought my suit just in case I see a pool though. The bike is back in Iowa, though I wish I would have brought it. 

I'm excited about my week ahead, just chilling and hanging out, although my better half is back home. I still expect to get some work done, those papers won't write themselves!

Happy Training and Welcome Spring!

1 comment:

  1. what the hell? KEEP DRIVING. you're almost to cali now.....

    shannon

    ReplyDelete