Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring is (almost) here!

It was finally both warm and sunny out again so as soon as I got home from class I went for a short bike ride. I was so excited to get out riding again. The bike trails around here were, for the most part clear, just huge snow puddles here and there. The ride was short but good. The wind around here is always blowing so it will be good train with wind but I definitely need to get out for long rides as soon as it's warm.

I also made it through the bike without falling off the bike! Making it the first time I've done that...my knees are getting really mad at me for that. I love the new pedals and shoes although I still need practice clipping in fast, sometimes I'm just awkward on them. I also need to spend more time in the horn things (I don't know what they're called) instead up on the hoods to get my neck used to it. The only problem with that is that I have massive pectoral muscles so when I'm down my knees will hit them every time I pedal, (read: I have a big chest...) which is a weird feeling...maybe I'll bind them before every race!!

I'll be back Friday with the wrap of the Ironman Challenge.

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment