Friday, March 6, 2009

Sometimes I require supervision...

Today was another beautiful day out, so I went for my first outside run of the season! It was a short (who am I kidding....long) 3 mile run with some decent hills. I really need to work on my outdoor fitness level, I've been running on a flat indoor track for months. I hope the weather stays like this, if it snows again I might cry...although it IS Iowa...we can have snow until May!

I turned in my Double Ironman Challenge paperwork today and DID meet the requirements. My grand totals were:
12,000 yards swimming (actually I did much more but only recorded once a week)
245 miles biked (indoors, mind you cause there was a foot of snow outside)
57 miles ran (keep in mind, I hate running)
It's also important to note that this was a 6 week challenge... I did all that work, plus weight training and didn't LOSE A DAMN POUND!! It's a good thing I didn't get into this triathlon thing to lose weight cause I would have failed...big time!
This was a great challenge to do, the school as really neat exercise incentive programs, in the fall I joined the 100 mile club which meant I had to run 100 miles during the duration of the semester...which I did.

Well...my better half is out of town for the weekend so last night and today I was pretty bored. I still have school work I could be doing but I'm so tired of reading about gender and sentencing. I was spacing off when I noticed BB left her laptop here, one of those Mac things with a built in camera... well below is what happened with that...I swear, I just wanted a picture of my new wetsuit!

Well then I decided that I should wear my cap and goggles too because it only made sense...

And it just went down hill from there...Sometimes it's not good when I'm alone...if this is what I do when B-Rit is gone for the weekend, imagine what I could do if she didn't live with me!
Anyway, the moral of the story is that it's beautiful outside, so get out and enjoy it!

Happy Training!

2 comments:

  1. your pictures are hilarious, especially the one you left on my computer!! oh and guess what? its supposed to be below freezing again tomorrow... i say we move...

    bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're ridiculous. i love it.

    -shannon

    ReplyDelete