I read the other week that the World Triathlon Corporation (the parent company of Ironman) has decided to X the long tradition of family members running through the finish with the athletes or meeting them in the finishing shoot. They claim that there are liability issues regarding the safety of both the observers and athletes.
This morning I read a well written response to the new policy on EverymanTri, that I wanted to share with you because it speaks to everyone, not just triathletes who understand the sport.
This morning I read a well written response to the new policy on EverymanTri, that I wanted to share with you because it speaks to everyone, not just triathletes who understand the sport.
Very rarely do I pay attention to WTC policy issues, but in the future IF I do an Ironman, I will miss having my family so close at the end.
Hope everyone is enjoying spring!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Ironman magic---so hard to bottle yet so easy to misplace by Roman Mica
These photos tell the true story.
They represent a lifetime of training and sacrifice.
Training on the part of Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander, and sacrifice on the part of his family.
All those long hours swimming, biking and running in hopeful preparation of this one magic moment when it all comes together for an athlete.
All those weeks, months, and years traveling the world from race to race with, and often without, his family just to cross this finish line.
Continue reading "Ironman magic---so hard to bottle yet so easy to misplace by Roman Mica" »
Ironman magic---so hard to bottle yet so easy to misplace by Roman Mica
These photos tell the true story.They represent a lifetime of training and sacrifice.
Training on the part of Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander, and sacrifice on the part of his family.
All those long hours swimming, biking and running in hopeful preparation of this one magic moment when it all comes together for an athlete.
All those weeks, months, and years traveling the world from race to race with, and often without, his family just to cross this finish line.
Continue reading "Ironman magic---so hard to bottle yet so easy to misplace by Roman Mica" »
No comments:
Post a Comment